Hamilton Town Hall, Brisbane - an intimate venue for chamber music performances,
hosting the Animato International Violin Competition 2016
Short history: The Briusbane City Council had purchased land on Racecourse Rd, in the suburb of prestigious Hamilton, in 1917 in order to build a town hall and council chambers. In 1919, Montague Stanley (son of a then well-known architect FDG Stanley) supplied plans and specifications for the building, and it was built at a cost of £8,873. The Hamilton Town Hall was completed in 1920, one year later.
From 1927 onward, the building was used as a School of Arts. The second world war transformed it temporarily into quaters for the Australian Military. After the war, the building was amendeda to include a library that is still in place today. The hall is frequently used for chamber music performances and other social events.
The Hamilton Library and the Performance Venue - both are in the Hamilton Town Hall
The Hamilton Town Hall -
Entrance to the Library
There is parking along the nearby streets .